Events & workshops
The Symposium is an event that brings together researchers from across the globe to collaborate, develop strategies and seek new opportunities for the sustainable management of aquatic animals in changing ocean and freshwater environments.
OTN partners with organizations and events to provide education and engagement opportunities in ocean research.
Select outreach events:
- Terranaut Club tour of OTN’s gliders and activities
- Science Rendezvous: Ocean Sciences Showcase, including an ROV demonstration
- Discovery Centre presentation for ocean technology summer camp
- Last of the Right Whales film screening
- Pairing ways of knowing for aquatic stewardship
- Pairing ways of knowing: student perspectives
- Saving North Atlantic right whales: Q& A with right whale expert Sean Brillant
- A deep dive into the lives of North Atlantic right whales
OTN workshops provide an excellent opportunity for students, postdocs, early-career professionals and established researchers to learn hands-on technical skills. Many OTN workshops are recorded to provide easy, on-demand access. A selection of previous workshops can be viewed on the OTN YouTube and OTN Github.
Select workshops offered by OTN:
- Acoustic telemetry workshop
- ideasOTN Telemetry workshop
- Node Manager Training workshop
- An introduction to Nodes
- Study Hall
- Field reporting standards
- Glider training
Subscribe to our e-list to receive event information and updates directly to your inbox!