The Office Manager position will organize and coordinate office administration procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and event coordinator support.
This is a one year grant paid position (strong possibility of renewal until 2022) funded through Dalhousie University and reports to the OTN Senior Program Manager.
- Provide executive support to OTN Senior Management;
- Provide administrative support to OTN Headquarters, in addition to assisting with requests from individuals within other university departments and external researchers collaborating with OTN;
- Provide reception services; respond to inquiries; screen and direct calls and visitors;
- Process and prioritize mail, organize and maintain paper and electronic files, records and contact lists;
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for local, regional and international meetings, including booking of venue, catering and technical equipment; compile and distribute background information; act as recording secretary at meetings; and
- Arrange travel itinerary for the Executive Director and other staff as needed; book travel – hotels, flights, car rentals, meeting registrations and local transportation; order and distribute taxi chits; prepare and maintain detailed records of travel advances, expenses and reimbursements for individual and group travel.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience (BA preferred);
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures; and knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures; Status: 37.5hrs/week
Pay Scale: $44,636 -$54,000 (plus entitled benefits)
Start Date: June 3rd, 2019 or earlier if possible
Deadline for application: May 13th, 2019
Documents Required: a cover letter and current CV, emailed to Brendal.email@example.com
Senior Program Manager
We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.