The Fundy Ocean Research Center for Energy (FORCE) is Canada’s lead test site for tidal stream energy, an emerging form of clean energy technology. A key component of FORCE’s mandate is environmental monitoring and stewardship. As tidal stream devices are deployed in the Minas Passage, Nova Scotia, FORCE is committed to understanding any potential environmental effects and reporting these findings to regulators and the public.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Science Director will:
- Manage all components of the environmental program including environmental effects monitoring, project management, working with advisory committees and regulators, permitting and approvals.
- Support FORCE’s technical research and development program management and implementation.
- Provide guidance and support to data collection, processing and analysis of FORCE’s hydroacoustic based fish monitoring program.
- Develop and maintain research collaborations with local, national, and international scientists in tidal energy research.
- Provide scientific oversight and advocacy in support of FORCE’s research and monitoring programs.
- Manage environmental program support staff including ocean technologists and subcontractors.
- Support stakeholder engagement activities, including presentations and meetings with First Nations, fishers and coastal communities.
- Support the board of directors and FORCE staff to deliver the FORCE mandate.
Apply by April 27, at 4 pm and more information on the job here