Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Ocean Technician will:
- Lead and prepare for field missions including review of applications, liaise with partners, secure equipment, schedule deployment, and incorporate data into the OTN data warehouse.
- Prepare, deploy maintain and retrieve a wide variety of equipment, including marine autonomous vehicles. Retrieve data and refurbish equipment as required.
- Prepare travel and mission reports and record information pertinent to deployments (metadata); make these available to the OTN data management team.
- Provide logistical and field support to OTN partners, review proposed project plans and provide recommendations.
- Design mooring systems to ensure safe and effective placement; mentor collaborators on mooring design, array design, deployment, recovery, refurbishment and data retrieval.
- Package and prepare dangerous goods equipment for shipment to international locations, including preparation of international customs agreements.
More information on position here:
Application deadline: July 15, 2018
Interested parties should forward a cover letter and current CV to OTN Senior Program Manager, Brendal Townsend (Brendal.firstname.lastname@example.org).