The Ocean Frontier Institute (OFI) is a major new global hub for ocean research headquartered at Dalhousie University with partners at major ocean research centres around the North Atlantic Ocean. OFI is establishing the Research Implementation Unit (RIU): a team of highly skilled and specialized technical staff who will assist OFI researchers at Dalhousie with field and laboratory research, data management and analysis, and interaction with key technical personnel from OFI partners.
Reporting to the RIU Coordinator, the RIU Ocean Data Manager will:
- Supervise OFI ocean data team staff, students, and interns, and represent team at national and international conferences.
- Provide technical support for various research projects and advise on best practices for generating, storing, and serving various types of data.
- Assist researchers in designing and implementing data management plans that will meet the needs of the potential users of the data produced.
- Develop and maintain software tools in various scripting languages to assist users in acquiring, storing, processing, analyzing, and serving geospatial data collected by a variety of hardware platforms.
- Develop and maintain relational databases for storing and managing metadata and develop standardized procedures for organizing and processing data that are compliant with international standards.
Assist in integrating new sensors with innovative automated scientific sampling platforms.
More information on position here
Apply online by May 25, 2018